Small Works Roster & Consulting Services
Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC) Rosters is the new online shared Small Public Works Contractor Roster and Consultant Services Roster for local governments in Washington State, including Woodinville Water District, to search for eligible Contractor and Consultant service providers by service category.
Woodinville Water District no longer maintains Small Works and Consultant rosters separate from those provided by MRSC.
For Contractors & Consultants
MRSC Rosters is a convenient and cost-effective way for marketing services to Agencies statewide through only one registration process.
- MRSC - Contractor Registration - Small Works
- MRSC - Consultant Registration
Operated by the not-for-profit MRSC, the MRSC Rosters is a fee-based service for all participants charged annually; however Contractors and Consultants do have a free option to register for individual Agency rosters.
About MRSC Rosters
MRSC Rosters is an online database for Washington State local government agencies (cities, counties, school districts, and special districts) to solicit work from contractors eligible to bid on small public works projects (projects under $200,000) and to solicit work from consultants. As a shared roster system, MRSC Rosters provides agencies with access to a current contractor and consultant list, while at the same time allowing contractors and consultants the marketing advantage of reaching multiple agencies through just one roster application process.
Advantages of MRSC Rosters
- Promotes efficiency in government
- Provides a single application process for contractors/consultants to register with multiple agencies
- Allows agencies to share costs
- Reduces individual agency staffing needs
- Provides access to a much larger pool of contractors/consultants
- Allows ease of electronic search and notification
- Provides more and lower bids from qualified contractors/consultants
Making it Work
- MRSC accepts and processes electronic applications from contractors and consultants and checks them for compliance with the new mandatory bidder responsibility criteria.
- Once a contractor/consultant is verified, their account is activated and participating agencies are able to search for a contractor/consultant by service category or alphabetical listing.
- After generating an email list of potential bidders, the agencies can send out requests for proposals.
- To fulfill Washington State statutory requirements, MRSC will advertise on behalf of all participating agencies in the Daily Journal of Commerce, indicating that they are using the MRSC Rosters.
There has been an overwhelming interest in participating in MRSC Rosters. After being online for only about two months, there are already 60 agencies, 250 consultants, and 320 contractors on the roster, with more joining daily. Currently, participating agencies are within the following counties:
MRSC is marketing the MRSC Rosters throughout Washington State, with more agencies steadily joining. We plan to bring in agencies not only within the Puget Sound area, but also from the entire state.