Where will the water mains be installed?

The District requires permanent water mains be installed either within the City or County right-of-way, or within an easement dedicated to the District. If you live on a private road, and the developer’s property is also on that private road, the water main may be constructed on that private road and the District will require an easement for the water main.

In any event, the actual location of the water main can only be determined during the project design. Water mains may be located under paved or gravel roads and shoulders or outside of roads. Number permanent structures may be constructed over the water main, although, you may have a fence crossing the main.

Show All Answers

1. What is an ESA?
2. Why does the District refuse to allow new ESAs?
3. I have had a spaghetti service ever since I moved into my house. Why do I need to convert to “permanent service” when I am already satisfied with my water service?
4. Will this new permanent water main affect my property value or increase my taxes?
5. Why do I need to pay for the new service?
6. How much is the fee for the new permanent service?
7. Is this project a Utility Local Improvement District (ULID)?
8. Is this an "assessment"?
9. What happens if I do not wish to pay this charge?
10. Will the District allow me to drill a well?
11. When do I need to pay for the permanent service?
12. Do I need to pay this amount in a lump sum?
13. Why does the developer need to install the permanent water main? Can’t he or she install spaghetti lines too?
14. Where will the water mains be installed?
15. What is the water main constructed of, and how big is it? Can the developer construct a smaller water main?
16. Will I have better water pressure after this project is completed?
17. Why does the District require a fire hydrant on this project? How many hydrants are required? Doesn’t this add to the cost of the project?
18. What happens if the developer tears up the road, driveway or landscaping during construction?