- Set a timer. Decide ahead of time how long you want to leave the sprinkler running and then set a timer.
- Water plants at the same time. Set up the sprinkler in an area of your yard that needs a little extra water.
- Go half strength. Turn the faucet only halfway around to reduce the flow of water.
- Down-size. If you start with a smaller pool, you are going to use less water. As a bonus, it will be easier to store in the off season.
- Fill to fun, not to full. Add an inch or two of water for younger kids and fill it halfway up for older ones.
Reuse. Use the water from the pool to water landscaping plants around your yard.